Thursday, May 13, 2010

Return to Hawaii


Wow! What has it been? Almost a year since I updated my blog? I guess I haven't had much to say. Until now. I am in Hawaii right now. This is a healing trip for me. So much has happened in the last year, most of it not good. I have had a bunch of health problems that I am still dealing with as well as some emotional "downs". I feel like the past year has eaten me up and spit me back out again, all digested. This brings me to Hawaii. Why Hawaii? And why so far away... alone?

If you have never been here, let me explain. If you have been here... then you already know. Hawaii has an incredible spirit. When I was here 3 years ago, I stepped off the plane and instantly felt at home even though it had been 18 years since I had been here last. Everything was so familar. I instantly knew my way around, I could point out landmarks and knew the history. It was like I never left. This land resonates in my soul. I cried when I got on the plane to go home. I have been dreaming, planning and NEEDING to come back ever since. So here I am. I need to get the spirit back into my soul. I need life to be brought back to me. If any one place can heal me... this is it. If this doesn't heal me, then there is no need to go on, as nothing will.

So I begin my journey back to health, back to life. I need to fill my soul so that it is swelling with the spirit here. Someday, I will return again and I will stay.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I've been, so I COMPLETELY Understand!!! Enjoy yourself and have a FABULOUS time!!!