Saturday, May 29, 2010

Seriously?


I'm back home from my trip to Hawaii and life has decided to throw me yet another curve! I wasn't home for more than 12 hours and I ended up with the worse stomach bug that I have ever had! I actually ended up in the hospital for 3 days! It took another week to totally get over the bug. Yesterday, I went to the pain clinic for my first diagnostic treatment and ended up being in terrible pain for the rest of the day! So, I'm thinking that life has been beating me down for a really good reason. You heard the old sayings "God only gives you what you can handle" and "You learn the most through adversity"

Things I have learned:
1. I have to treat my body gently. I only have one and it has to last me a long time. I have to start eating well and exercising when I am able.
2. Sitting on the couch watching TV will not make me better, it only makes me depressed.
3. I have to force myself to get up and do SOMETHING.
4. I have really great friends and sisters.
5. I need to be more patient with my mom when she isn't feeling well. She can't help it and probably is not doing it for attention like I have thought in the past.
6. It is no fun to sit at home alone and feel crappy alone. I have to remember that and try to be a better friend, sister and daughter when others are feeling crappy.
7. Art is a great doctor and nurse!
8. Stop feeling sorry for myself and focus on feeling positive and better!
9. Focus on what makes me happy. I cannot expect other people to make me feel happy. That is my responsibility.


Sorry that my posts are not as witty and fun as some other blogs. But the most important thing that I have learned is that art can be just for me. I can draw, paint or write stuff just for me! I don't have to worry about what other people think. The more I do, the better I will get and if I only do what I think other people will like, then I am limiting myself and my growth. Just DO.

No comments: